Hi everyone! Happy National Pistachio Day!!! Today is the day we celebrate the wonderful nut: Pistachios! You can eat raw pistachios as a snack, have them for dessert (pistachio ice-cream) and use them in cooking. It is thought that pistachio nuts have been eaten by humans for at least 9000 years. Legend even has it that the Queen of Sheba restricted the eating of pistachios to the royal court and forbade commoners to grow them! Studies have suggested that eating moderate amounts of pistachios can help keep your heart healthy!
Top 5 facts of the day:
- When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.
- Banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories an hour.
- The person who invented the Frisbee was cremated and made into frisbees after he died!
- Cherophobia is the fear of fun.
- Movie trailers were originally shown after the movie, which is why they were called “trailers”.
- Top thing to think about for today: If Pinocchio said my nose will grow now, it would cause a paradox.